Do you have an event or an Explorer Tour that you like to host during the 2020 Bay Area Science Festival? Fill out the short form below and we’ll be in touch. Even if your event isn’t completely formed, please submit your idea and we’ll work with you to bring it to fruition.
Experiment! Try out new ideas! Nothing is off limits!
We want to encourage events that are accessible and inclusive and that reach out across the digital and linguistic divide. Your event ideas can be preliminary and you do not have to commit to a specific date or time at this point. Once your event has been selected to be included in the BASF schedule, we will ask you for more details and a finalized description for our website program.
For events to be included in the Science Festival, we require:
- Event is grounded in science, technology, engineering, or math. Events that blend science with other genres (art, music, food, etc) are welcome and encouraged, but there must be some STEM involved.
- Event must be co-branded with the Festival. We’re mainly looking for some Festival identification during the event so attendees understand the larger Festival context.
- Event meets basic safety and health criteria. It has to be safe to be part of BASF.
- Event is accessible for a diverse audience. We want to encourage a wide audience to attend Festival events and so encourage events in any language and require that events will be free.
- Explorer Tours are a series of behind-the-scenes science tours/hikes/explorations designed to showcase the incredible scientific and engineering wonders on the Bay Area. This year tours will be moving online, but should still be accompanied by at least one scientist/engineer/programmer/technician/etc. to provide a unique perspective on the tour. Check out some past tours.
If your organization has multiple events that you would like to propose, please fill out a form for each event separately. The Bay Area Science Festival does not charge organizations to host events or Explorer Tours.
Draft event proposals are due August 10, 2020